Denver DUI Lawyer
“Driving Under the Influence” means driving a motor vehicle or vehicle when a person has consumed alcohol or one or more drugs, or a combination of alcohol and one or more drugs, that effects the person to a degree that the person is substantially incapable, either mentally or physically, or both mentally and physically , to exercise clear judgment, sufficient physical control, or due care in the safe operation of a vehicle. C.R.S. §42-4-1301(1)(f)
According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI), there were 29,449 arrests for DUI in Colorado in 2007. There were 1.43 million nationwide for the same year, according to the FBI. Thus, if you have been arrested for DUI, DUI per se, or DWAI, you are not alone.
Even if this is your first offense, the penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while ability impaired (DWAI) can be severe. These include: jail time, loss of driver’s license, probation, fines and court costs, community service, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.) Victim Impact Panel, monitored sobriety, restitution, and attendance at alcohol education classes and therapy. Collateral consequences may include, but are not limited to: loss of employment, occupational license issues, a criminal record, problems traveling to some foreign countries, and higher auto insurance premiums.
When you are facing a DUI or DWAI charge, you need a professional and experienced DUI/DWAI defense lawyer on your side. Attorney Monte J. Robbins can provide you with the experience and knowledge that is critical in defending against these types of charges.
If you have been charged with DUI or DWAI anywhere in Colorado, call Attorney Monte J. Robbins immediately at his Denver office at 303-355-5148, his Greeley office at 970-301-5541, or toll-free at 1-888-384-2656 to discuss your options.
- DUI per se/Drove Vehicle with Excessive Alcohol Content
- DUI Drugs/Marijuana
- New Enhanced 2013 DUI and DWAI Penalties
- What happens to my driver’s license if my breath or blood test result is .08 or greater?
- What happens to my driver’s license if I refused a test of my blood, breath, saliva, or urine?
- DUI and Possession of a Firearm
- Felony DUI/Aggravated Driving With a Revoked License
- DUI and Child Abuse
- Roadside Sobriety Tests (Standardized Field Sobriety Tests)
- Underage Drinking and Driving (UDD)(“Baby DUI”)
- Roadblocks and DUI Checkpoints
- Bail and Bond
- DUI on a skateboard or bicycle? What is the difference between a “motor vehicle” and “vehicle”?
- Refusals on or after January 1, 2014
- Commercial Driver and DUI
- Fort Morgan DUI Lawyer
- Fort Collins DUI Lawyer
- Colorado Springs DUI Lawyer
- Tips for avoiding a holiday DUI in Colorado. As the holidays are quickly approaching, police agencies are out in full force looking for impaired drivers. Colorado law enforcement agencies ....
- Lamar Odom arrested for DUI in California. Colorado DUI process not dissimilar. CBS News reports that NBA Star Lamar Odom was recently arrested for DUI in California: "The former Los Angeles Laker and Clipper was arrested by the ....
- Colorado doesn't have a Felony DUI law for multiple offenses. An Upper Darby Pennsylvania man was recently arrested for his 11th DUI in Delaware after being released on another DUI two days previously. Cindy ....