Denver Traffic Lawyer
Penalties for traffic violations can include: fines, points assessed against a driving record, and jail time. Collateral consequences of traffic violation convictions may also include increased insurance premiums and potentially adverse effects at a person's current or future employment positions.
In Colorado, convictions for traffic violations are assessed a certain number of "points" against a person's driving record with the Colorado Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles. For example, a conviction for reckless driving carries a point assessment of eight points, whereas, a conviction for a speeding ticket can carry a point assessment up to 12 points. Unfortunately, for an adult driver over 21 years of age, the Department of Revenue will suspend a person's license upon the accumulation of 12 points in a 12-month period, or 18 points within a 24-month period.
Even more stringent standards apply to minors, who are between 18 and 21 years of age. An 18-21 year old minor will lose his/her license upon the accumulation of nine points in 12-month period, or 12 points in a 24-month period. Yet, the most stringent standards apply to minors who are less than 18 years of age. Accordingly, a minor under 18 years of age will lose his/her license upon the accumulation of six points in a 12-month period, or, seven points in a 24-month period.
If you have been charged with a Colorado traffic volition call us now. Call us immediately at 303-355-5148 to discuss your options.
- Drag Racing, Speed Contest
- Denver Speeding Ticket
- Aiding or Abetting Drag Racing, Speed Contest
- Eluding The Police
- Eluding the Police with Reckless Driving
- Eluding the Police with Bodily Injury
- Eluding the Police Resulting in Death
- How to Fight a Pacing Speeding Ticket
- No Auto Insurance
- Radar and the Walker Case
- Improper Mountain Highway Driving
- Displaying Fictitious License Plates
- Denver Gore Violation Ticket
- Penalties for Denver Traffic Tickets (1437 Bannock St. Courthouse)
- Penalties for Denver Traffic Tickets (520 W. Colfax Ave. Courthouse)
- Brighton, Adams County, Traffic Lawyer